Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS, 482) is in place from 18 March 2018.
This is to final stage of Abolition and replacement of the 457 visa which was announced 18 April 2017.
TSS has three options;
1. Short-term stream:
GTE, Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) for a maxium of two years (or up to four years if an international trade obligation applies)
2. Medium-Tern stream
Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) for up to four years, with eligibility to apply for permanent residence after 3 years
3. Labour Agreement stream
Australian labour market and standard visa programs are not available, with the capacity to negotiate a permanent residence option.
With March 2018 TSS visa, with new requirement, including but not limited to:
– At least two years’ work experience
– Mandatory labour market testing, unless an internatonal trade obligation applies.
– Only one onshore visa renewal under Short-Term stream
– A non-discriminatory workforce test
– tightened English language
– Skilled Permanent visa, maximum age requirement of 45 at the time of application
– Australian market salary rate and meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold. (TSMIT)
To consider TSS, you need to plan ahead with your study and career.
Contact Storyoz if you need any help for your study and visa.